I’m interested in building a narrative, I want my images to unfold… invite you to explore.
My passion is to abstract from popular culture. I’ve got a ‘Dog Thing’… it goes deeper than appreciation, their behaviors and blissful ignorance are a source of endless ironies in human behavior. It can reveal a lot about who we are.
All my works are all freehand, free flowing original and unique compositions. I’m not going for perfection, this is first hand, free flowing, storytelling.
This work takes a great deal of planning. I spend countless hours in my journal, simplify iconic images and tropes, contextualising, reworking and then compiling into large paintings using acrylic paint, markers, pencil and charcoal.
So, I hope you enjoy my paintings. They are meticulously executed and prepared and are of a quality that will hold their own in any space, contact me if you have any questions.
- Finalist – Bluethumb Art Prize 2022
- Finalist – Bluethumb Art Prize 2021
- Best Fiction, Understory Film Festival 2020
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Freelance Photographer and Lighting Camera Operator, BBC, Channel 4, IMG Media, Discovery Channel
- Regional Arts Development Fund Committee Member
- 2012 By The Numbers, Sideways Gallery
- 2010 CM#K – Group Exhibit, The Universal
- 2009 Redrawing The Line